The Opensource Deep Dive Into The Game Firewatch.
Good first day. Completed Day 1
• Story related and cannot be missed. Complete Day 1 of the game to unlock this achievement.
Back to work. Completed Day 2
• Story related and cannot be missed. Complete Day 2 of the game to unlock this achievement.
Someone’s out here. Completed Day 76
• Story related and cannot be missed. Complete Day 76 of the game to unlock this achievement. ⠀⠀
Burn the place down. Completed Day 77
• Story related and cannot be missed. Complete Day 77 of the game to unlock this achievement.
Firewatch. Completed Day 79
• Story related and cannot be missed. Complete Day 79 of the game to unlock this achievement.
Shutter Bug. Filled a disposable camera with photos.
• This can be completed as early as Day 2. After finding the downed line and heading down the path (headed toward cache 241), you will see a backpack hanging on a tree. Knock it down and grab the items in it. One of the items is a disposable camera. Use up the remaining pictures to unlock the achievement.
Love Turts. Adopted a turtle as a pet.
• In Firewatch, turtles can be found in several locations throughout the wilderness. I listed a few of these locations below if you wish to find a turtle pet of your own. However, keep in mind that a turtle will not always be present at the locations listed below. These are just some of the common locations that players have found their own turtle companions. Once you find a turtle, make sure to report it to Delilah and adopt it to bring it with you.
Thorofare Trail The first location you can check for a turtle is along the Thorofare Trail. Starting at the Two Forks Lookout tower, head southeast along a trail leading away from the bottom of the tower stairs. Before the trail curves to the left, look for an opening in the fence leading to another trail heading east. Continue down this trail.
You will eventually pass by a fallen log that you can either hop over or walk around. At the end of the path, look for a turtle sitting on a rock just in front of the rockslide. Pick up the turtle, and report it to Delilah to give it a name. Make sure to press Hold to adopt the turtle as your new pet companion.
Jonesy Lake During Day 1, you will need to travel to Jonesy Lake to inspect some suspicious behavior. Consult your map and head west toward the lake along the lake trails. When you reach the lake, walk along its shoreline to the north. Keep an eye out for yellow supply cache 305. Open the cache and copy the map information to update your map. Continue a few feet north of the supply cache and look for a flat rock beneath a tree, close to the lake. With any luck, there may be a turtle sitting atop the rock for you to befriend.
Beartooth Point During Day 2, you must travel north toward Beartooth Point to inspect a communication line. The trails will diverge into several winding paths, as shown in the map image below. Use the nearby telephone line as your guide through the valley.
The Life and Times of Raccoon Carter. Got attacked by a raccoon; probably didn’t get rabies.
• Start a free roam game and go to the location marked on the map. Enter the cabin where the arrow is pointing and go down the stairs. Open the stove and a raccoon will jump out and the achievement will unlock.
• This can be completed as early as Day 76. When you start Day 76, head north toward Beartooth Point. About halfway there (between the words “Thorofare Trail” and “Telephone”), the trail splits once and then again. After the split, look for an old outhouse that is falling apart (it contains the lyrics to Ol’ Shoshone inside). From the outhouse, head east and look for an old cabin that is falling apart. Inside, go into the basement and open the stove. A raccoon should jump out and the achievement will unlock.
Bee Plot. Got stung by a bee. It happens.
• Start a free roam game and make sure you bring your climbing gear and the axe with you. Go to the area marked on the map and open the gate. Directly in front of you is a small box thing you can open. Open it and a bee will fly out and sting you and the achievement will unlock.
Ol’ Shoshone. Listened to the tape of “Ol’ Shoshone.” Cavorted among the aspens.
• Start a free roam game. Make sure you take the axe with you from the lookout. Go to the area marked on the map and clear out the bushes where the arrow is pointing. Continue through and you will see a chair and a bunch of junk. Pick up the tape and the achievement should pop.
projectfirewatch.com is a community website and is not affiliated with Firewatch or Campo Santo.
Firewatch and the Firewatch logos are trademarks of Campo Santo. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.